.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Pure

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

lines

the phone rings. He picks it up. The voice on the other end says nothing. He says nothing. They wait. "I know you by your silence," one of them says. Does it matter which one?

the phone rings. He picks it up. The voice on the other end says nothing. He says, "I know you by your silence."

the phone rings. He picks it up. He says nothing. The voice on the other end says, "I know you by your silence."

the phone rings. She picks it up. The voice on the other end says nothing. She says nothing but "I know you." He says, "By my silence, already."

the phone rings. She picks it up. The voice on the other end says, "I know you." She says, "I know your silence." They say nothing further.

the phone rings. I pick it up. The voice on the other end says, "I know you even by your silence, you can't hide." I say nothing.





the phone rings. I pick it up. It keeps ringing. I put it down. It keeps ringing. I pick it up. It keeps ringing. I throw it on the ground, kick it. It keeps ringing. "Silence!" I say. I hurl it across the room, still ringing. It lands, ringing. I walk towards it. It is smashed, but still ringing. I pick up the earpiece. "You can't hide," the voice on the other end says over the ringing. "I know," I say. The ringing stops. I am deafened by the silence.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home